Who are we?
Your data will be processed by VARZIM SOL – TURISMO, JOGO E ANIMAÇÃO, S.A., with head office at Edifício do Casino da Póvoa, in Póvoa do Varzim, legal person nr. 500273707, registered at Conservatória do Registo Comercial da Póvoa de Varzim under nr. 144/681219, concessionaire of CASINO DA PÓVOA, henceforth referred to as “COMPANY” or “Varzim Sol, SA”.
Varzim Sol, SA is responsible for processing personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Why do we process your information?
The COMPANY will process your personal data with the following purposes:
- Management of customers and potential customers
It is necessary to process your information in order to comply with the legal determinations related to the gambling and casinos industry, in pursuit of legitimate interests resulting from standard operating gambling activities, entertainment or leisure in casinos, as well as for executing a contract to be awarded, or that has already been awarded, between you and the COMPANY, or to carry out pre-contractual demarches, at your request. In case you fail to submit your data, we will not be able to provide you the requested or contracted services.
Your data will be stored for this purpose during the applicable legal timeframe or, when this does not apply, during the period strictly necessary for the pursuit of the end in view.
Personal data of customers can also be processed by the COMPANY with the purpose of managing legal disputes. The legal ground is the existence of a legitimate interest on the part of the COMPANY, and the data will be stored during the necessary period corresponding to the exercise of the corresponding rights.
The COMPANY may process your data to send you information regarding its products and services. The processing of such personal data shall only be carried out in accordance with your explicit consent. In case you allow this consent, you may receive commercial communications via e-mail or SMS messages. Failure to provide your personal data (name, telephone number and/or e-mail address) shall make it impossible for the COMPANY to send you commercial communication.
You may at any time oppose the handling of your personal data.
Your data shall be stored for this purpose until you exercise your right to object.
The COMPANY may process your personal data to assess your personal preferences, interests, behaviour and fidelity towards the Casino da Póvoa brand, aimed at improving the products and services that shall be made available to you.
Product and service offerings may be grounded on the analysis made on the data related to gambling, that may be used whether in comprehensive or personalized campaigns. Such data processing will be carried out based on the COMPANY’s legitimate interest in improving its services and its customers’ experience and, in some occasions, on your explicit consent. You may at any time oppose the handling of such data. Your data will be stored for this purpose during the period strictly necessary for the pursuit of the end in view.
- Management of complaints and contact information received by the COMPANY
You may, at any time, send us suggestions or complaints related to the services rendered by the COMPANY. In this case, your data shall be collected to analyse and resolve the situation that underlies your suggestion or complaint, as well as to communicate, under legal terms, the subject of complaint to the competent authorities.
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the compliance of legal regulations with the local authorities, in pursuit of legitimate interests resulting from standard operating gambling activities, entertainment or leisure of the COMPANY, and with your consent.
Your data shall be stored for such purpose during the necessary time to resolve your matter.
- Management of suppliers / subcontractors
The processing of your data is necessary for the performance of the contract that will be signed between you and the COMPANY, in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, as well as to comply with legal regulations with the local authorities. If you fail to supply your data, we cannot comply with the accepted contractual obligations and the legal obligations to which the COMPANY is subject resulting from the contractual relationship that has established with you.
Personal data from suppliers, or collaborators who are connected to those entities, may be processed by the COMPANY with the purpose of managing orders/services, enforcing the respective contract, legal dispute, within the compliance of contractual and legal obligations that apply to the contractual relationship, as well as within the security management of people and assets in the COMPANY’s building.
Data from suppliers, and personal data from the respective collaborators may be passed on to the COMPANY’s customers and to competent public bodies, namely the Gambling Regulation and Inspection Service (Serviço de Regulação e Inspecção de Jogos).
The legal ground is the existence of a legitimate interest on the part of the COMPANY, and your data will be stored during the applicable legal timeframe or, when this does not apply, during the period strictly necessary for the pursuit of the commercial relationship in question.
- Compliance with legal obligations, including with the Authorities (namely, supervisory, regulatory, tax, and legal authorities)
The COMPANY may process your data within the compliance of legal obligations, specifically the Gambling Law and the Money Laundering Law, and can even be forwarded to the supervisory authority – Gambling Inspection Service – to legal, administrative, supervision or regulatory authorities by virtue of the law or if they requested them.
Your data shall be stored for such purposes during the applicable legal timeframe in each moment for each legal obligation that must be complied.
Will my information be shared with others?
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following entities:
- – official entities in order to comply with the legal regulations that result from the activity of Casino gambling, or general business activities, as well as legal, administrative, supervision or regulatory authorities;
- – service providers or the COMPANY’s subcontractors. If you are our client or supplier, your personal data may be processed by companies that are subcontracted by the COMPANY, especially with respect to catering businesses and computer systems surveillance. These companies only receive the personal data that is necessary for supplying the service in question.
- – statutory auditors, internal or external auditors from the COMPANY’s Group may access your personal data, with the guarantee that they shall be kept confidential and shall not be used for purposes other than the audits.
Your data will be processed within the European Union.
What are my rights?
Subject to compliance of the specific legal regulations that result from the activity of Casino gambling, and as long as there’s no conflict with them, you can, at any moment, request:
- Access to information that we have on you;
- Rectification of the information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Erasure or restriction of processing of your personal data;
- If the processing requires your consent or agreement and it is done by automated means you are entitled to delivery of the previously supplied personal data in a structured manner that is commonly used and in a legible computer format.
Your requests shall be processed with special care so that we can ensure your rights are effectively protected. You may be asked to prove your identity, to ensure that personal data is only shared with the data subject.
You should be aware that in certain cases (e.g., due to legal requirements) your request may not be immediately satisfied.
Regardless of the circumstance, you shall be informed of the measures that are taken in this regard, within one month of the date when the request is made.
You are also entitled to lodge a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission https://www.cnpd.pt/
Right of access
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the COMPANY confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, if that is the case, access to the personal data and access the information permitted by law.
If you wish to obtain more than one copy of your personal data that is undergoing processing, the COMPANY requires payment of an administrative fee for that service.
Right to rectification
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the COMPANY, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data concerning him or her.
Right to erasure of data (“right to be forgotten”)
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the COMPANY the erasure of personal data concerning him or her, without undue delay, and the latter shall have the obligation to erase the personal data, without any undue delay, when one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- The data subject withdraws consent for processing the data (in cases where the processing is based on consent) and there are no other grounds for the aforementioned processing;
- The data subject objects to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
Right to restriction of processing
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the COMPANY restriction of processing, where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the COMPANY to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is lawful, and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- The COMPANY no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but this data is required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- If the data subject has objected to the processing, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Right to data portability
If processing requires consent from the data subject and that consent has been given by automated means, the data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to the COMPANY in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to object
In cases where data is processed for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by the COMPANY; or the data processing has been undertaken for direct marketing purposes or for creating profiles, the data subject shall have the right to object to the processing of his or personal data at any time.
Can I withdraw my consent at a later date?
If consent is legally required for the processing of personal data, the data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time, even though that right does not compromise the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal, nor does it compromise the subsequent processing of said data on other legal grounds, as is the case with contract compliance or the legal obligation that the COMPANY may be subject to.
If you wish to withdraw your consent you can write to us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out more about the cookies policy at https://casino-povoa.com/privacy/cockies_policy/?lang=pt
Do you have any questions?
If you still have questions regarding the processing of your personal data or if you wish to exercise some of your rights, please contact us through our Data Protection Officer via the following email address: email@example.com